Monday, November 28, 2011

Corner Stone: The Trailer


We have secured a 4.1m x 2.1m (13.4feet x 6.9feet)trailer at a steal.  We weren't expecting to make a purchase so soon, but a caravan trailer (which is lowered down, etc) this large with solid suspension (which Vince says is good. *LOL*) could not be passed up.

Vincent picked it up on Saturday and I got a real idea of just how BIG ( well, tiny really) its going to be.  I will post photos and a video with Vincent explaining it all as soon as I can.  :)

Apparently a major part of all this is going to be something called grinding, with some repairs, followed by painting. The wheels will be taken off and put on blocks because Vince has to get to the hubs (whatever those are) to check the bearings and all that. *SO BOGGLE*  Oh and check on the breaking mechanism which is apparently important .....  I'm so lucky he's clever.  :)


This is really great.  Vince and I are still in that everything is possible stage where we are looking at ideas without committing to much of anything so working on the trailer will start to ground us gradually I think; give us time to make decisions while doing some constructive work. 

I want to get in there with Vincent so watch this space.  For Vince this is Tim The Tool Time Taylor stuff for me its an adventure into a guys realm.  :)  

I'm so glad I'm not fussy about the condition of my nails because I doubt they will stay pretty for long once we start.

Keep the peace,


M-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message below :)