Friday, December 2, 2011

Big Dream: Victorian Tiny House



Tiny Cottage in the Catskills, New York
Well I'm flat on my back for a few days courtesy of my enthusiastic angle-grinding, so I'm going to take a moment to have another big dream. 
A work-mate of mine describes a tiny house on a trailer as living in a doll house.  That was just the cutest observation and if I had my way in a perfect world, it would be the girliest affair with lots of lace and chiffon; delicate china cabinets and tea cups.  A billowy bed with gauzy curtains and what not.  The kind of place my husband would be hesitant to walk into. A lot like the tiny Victorian cottage that  Sara Foster renovated from a shed in backwater New York. The setting, the house, and its decor is whimsical, reminiscent of more chivalrous times perhaps.  

Victorian Tiny Texan House
I would love to have a place like that, but lets face it:  if you are sharing a tiny house dream with your husband, do you really want all that white diaphanous material around when he could just waltz on in in muddy boots and grease stained hands because he was fixing something or other?  White floors when your youngest daughter's idea of a fun day out is playing in the bush looking for insects? *SIGH* So I guess not.

Our Tiny House on a Trailer will have to be a wee bit more rugged with a feminine touch, something more like the Victorian Tiny Texan House.  I could definitely add a dash of paint here and some curtains and knick knacks there to make a tiny house we can all enjoy.  Lets face it, who wants to go on a holiday constantly cleaning white floors and linen?  The eternal girl in me says" I would",  but the seasoned mom and realist who just wants a getaway shack says:  No way JOSE. 

My big dream includes minimum house duties, thank you.  :)  THAT is travelling in luxury and style!  Everything else is icing on the cake.

Peace,

M-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message below :)